Report a Street Light Outage to Florida Power & Light
Useful Resources for Living Green
- American Water Works Association: The American Water Works Association (AWWA) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational society dedicated to the improvement of drinking water quality and supply. AWWA is defined by six core competencies, through which they communicate and interact with all of their audiences.
- Bay County Online: This is the official website of Bay county, Florida. Here you can find information on community resources, education and health matters, emergency management plans, and much more.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): A national emergency response organization, FEMA assists in disaster relief and preparation.
- Environmental Protection Agencyarticles:
- Controlling pollution runoff at home: An educational guide discussing non-point source (NPS) pollution at the household level.
- What you can do to prevent NPS pollution: An educational guide explaining what can be done to prevent non-point source pollution.
- How to conserve water and use it effectively: A guide that addresses water conservation practices for residential users.
- This course is offered by the University of Florida Bay County Cooperative Extension Services on Environmental Horticulture, which educates homeowners on best management practices (BMPs). Topics addressed include proper use of yard chemicals, water conservation practices, mulching, and composting practices that reduce, reuse, and recycle yard trash, etc. Another course offered by the IFAS is 4-H. This is an educational opportunity for young people (ages 5-18) that incorporates various topics, including environmental education. University of Florida Extension, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) program