How to Open an Account

Opening an Account
To establish service with the City of Callaway, citizens should:

  • Come in person to:
    City Hall
    6601 E. Hwy. 22
    Callaway, FL 32404
  • Present your valid Photo ID, Military ID, or any other valid photo ID.
  • Present a copy of either: documented proof of ownership; a signed lease agreement; valid sales agreement; signed realtors listing agreement OR notarized letter of authorization from the property owner (if the applicant is not the owner).
  • We accept cash, check, money order, or credit/debit cards for the deposit:                                     
    • House: $260
    • Active Duty Military: $110 (ID & PCS Orders Required) (effective May 28, 2019 approved by Resolution 19-13 by City Commission)
    • Irrigation: $40
    • Sewer only: $135
    • Complete a Service Application Form (PDF)

The deposit amount includes a non-refundable account charge of $10. 

Same-day connections are available if received before 3:00 PM.

  • If unable to appear in person, citizens must submit a completed, notarized Customer Service Application along with all other required documentation.

NOTE: When the water meter is unlocked and turned on and there is water running on the premises, the City technician will turn the meter back off but will leave the meter unlocked so that occupant can turn the water on. If the technician is required to make a second service call to turn the meter on, a $10.00 service charge must be paid prior to technician being sent.

Temporary Service
Temporary service can be established by the property owner, a property’s management company, or those authorized by the owner. Temporary service may be established for a period of time not to exceed 7 days for the purpose of cleaning, constructing, inspecting, appraising, or renovating a property while vacant. In lieu of a deposit, a non-refundable fee must be paid prior to service. The non-refundable fee for temporary service will include 1,000 gallons of water and sewer usage and one collection day for solid waste (solid waste applies to residential dwelling within city limits only).

In order to start temporary service, a Temporary Service (PDF) application must be completed and a valid photo ID of applicant must be provided to City Hall. This can be done in person, by mail, or email.