Useful Resources for Living Green
- American Water Works Association: The American Water Works Association (AWWA) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational society dedicated to the improvement of drinking water quality and supply. AWWA is defined by six core competencies, through which they communicate and interact with all of their audiences. This site provides a lot of helpful information; especially their Drip Calculator.
- Bay County Online: This is the official website of Bay county, Florida. Here you can find information on community resources, education and health matters, recycling information, emergency management plans, and much more.
- Environmental Management (Pinellas County): A guide defining stormwater runoff and explaining factors that contribute to non-point source pollution.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): A national emergency response organization, FEMA assists in disaster relief and preparation.
- Environmental Protection Agency articles:
- This course is offered by the University of Florida Bay County Cooperative Extension Services on Environmental Horticulture, which educates homeowners on best management practices (BMPs). Topics addressed include proper use of yard chemicals, water conservation practices, mulching, and composting practices that reduce, reuse, and recycle yard trash, etc. Another course offered by the IFAS is 4-H. This is an educational opportunity for young people (ages 5-18) that incorporates various topics, including environmental education.