In Case of a Fire
What to Do
Fires can happen at any time and knowing what to do can save lives. Installing smoke detectors, creating a fire escape plan, and conducting fire drills are the first steps to take in case of fire.
Here are other tips to consider if a fire breaks out in your home:
- Designate a meeting place outside. Pick a place away from the home that all family members will remember to go to. Designate one person to go to a neighbor’s home to call 9-1-1.
- Immediately leave the home. Do not waste time to save property.
- Never open doors that are hot to the touch. Use the back of your hand to feel the door. If it feels hot, use your second way out of the room.
- Once out, stay out! Never go back into a burning building for any reason.
- Practice escaping from every room in the home. Have two ways out of each room.
For more information, please call (850) 871-5300.